15 Best Go Karts for Kids Review
Are you craving for an adventurous toy for your children? We tested 32 go-karts for kids of three different types – electric, pedal, and gas. Ultimately we concluded that Segway Ninebot Electric GoKart Kit is the best present for your little rider to enjoy the race!
Segway Ninebot Electric GoKart Kit – Super Adjustable Go-Kart
- There are three driving modes that parents are able to control, the speed raises up to 13.7 MPH.
- It comes with a double braking system – hand brake and electronic – to enhance safety.
- The max weight capacity is 220 pounds, which is impressive for kids electric go-karts.
- There’s also the Segway app designed to check your driving info via any gadget.
Check Today’s Price
The best kids go-kart is something that the entire family can enjoy. Buying your child a brand-new go-kart will be a top-notch gift that they will enjoy for years, hands down.
There’s a big variety of the vehicle that differs in style, color, gear, and extra features. Thus we’d like to present a detailed review of uppermost electric, pedal, and gas-powered go-karts on the modern market. Let’s go!
Top Electric Go-Karts Comparison
Segway Ninebot Electric GoKart Kit
Razor Ground Force Electric Go-Kar
Great for All Ages
Razor Dune Buggy GoKart
Go-Bowen Baja Electric Kids Go-Kart
Actev Arrow Smart Kart Electric Go Kart
5 Best Electric Go Karts for Kids
1. Segway Ninebot Electric GoKart Kit – Super Adjustable Go-Kart
If you’re searching for a top-class electric go-kart for kids, the Segway Ninebot is exactly worth consideration. It speeds up from 0 to 12 MPH in no time, outmatching most other go-karts on the market.
- There are three modes available on the Ninebot – novice, standard, and sporty. You can convert it from a segway to a go-kart.
- It can reach a maximum speed of 15 MPH.
- There is a maximum weight limit of 220 Pounds.
- Segway has an adjustable frame and steering wheel that fits riders between 4’5” to 6’3”.
- The reverse electric start is enabled.
- It uses hand brakes for appropriate safety.
- There is a steering ratio of 2.1:1 which allows for precision steering and the ability to go around tight turns.
- The Go-Kart app allows parents to display driving speed, cruising range, and reminders.
The go-kart is quite adjustable and easy to operate. It comes with a handbrake and pedal to move forward and reverse. With precise steering, it’s possible to drift as well. While the improved seatbelts provide more safety.
Safe riding modes are a great plus for a go-kart, as you can control your kid’s riding pace. For small children, a 5 MPH mode is suitable; when they grow up, you can switch to the 11 MPH mode. For confident drivers, there’s a 15 MPH mode.
- Converts from Segway to Go-Kart
- Max speed of 15 mph
- Loads up to 220 pounds
- Easy to steer
- Hard to convert
- Requires Segway miniPRO or Ninebot S
In fact, the Segway Ninebot Electric Go Kart Kit is suitable for both kids and adults due to its load features. The customizable kit’s frame and a max weight capacity of 220 lbs mean that the whole family can take a ride. Use the Segway app to track setting instructions, latest updates, and news.Read customer reviews on
2. Razor Ground Force – Smooth Ride Go-Kart for Children
The Razor Ground Force is another marvelous electric go kart by a reputable brand. It’s a low-to-the-ground vehicle that is suitable for road drifting and off-road riding. With its improved aluminum wheels and rubber tires, kids love the Razor Ground Force.
- It has an upper weight limit of 140 pounds, and it’s ideal for kids ages eight years old and up.
- This go-kart has a maximum speed of 12 MPH, and it runs for approximately 45 minutes of drive time per charge.
- Aluminum wheels, steel frame construction, and upgraded rear axle for better maneuvering.
- It has a thumb trigger acceleration control and hand-operated rear brakes.
- There’s a spark bar for emitting sparks behind the go-karts for kids.
- Razor uses two 12-volt sealed, lead-acid batteries.
The Razor Ground Force is a perfect choice for experienced kids and youth. Low-profile design and sleek wheels are great features for drift lovers. The assembly is rather solid so the toy will last for many years giving a buzz for kids of all ages.
- Ideal for 7-12 year old kids
- 140 pounds user weight limit
- 12 mph
- Uses two 12-Volt batteries
- Hand-brake for braking
- 12-hours of charging
- No reverse
- Huge turn radius
In short words, the Razor Ground Force is an awesome 4-wheeler which is a game-changer in drifting. Being able to speed up to 12 MPH, your kids will definitely have a blast with this toy. In addition, it comes with a spark bar making it looks fancy.Read customer reviews on
3. Razor Dune Buggy – Powerful Compact Kids Go-Kart
Another tremendous four-wheeler produced by Razor is the Dune Buggy. It features a powerful, 350-watt electric motor with a top speed of 10 MPH. That’s pretty enough as your children may feel the speed but don’t get too wild in order to avoid severe injuries.
- 8-inch knobby pneumatic tires that are perfect for difficult terrain and off-road driving.
- It supports up to 120 pounds of weight, so it works for children ages eight-year-old and older.
- You can expect a noiseless operation.
- The 12-Volt rechargeable battery system lasts up to 40 minutes of continuous use.
- All of the hand controls are easy to operate.
- It features a durable, tubular steel frame that is built to last while keeping your child safe. The frame is combined with a diamond plated traction floorboard for a sturdy buggy.
The Razor Dune Buggy is a compact vehicle with powerful features. It comes with a bucket seat with a seatbelt and shoulder straps to protect your kids. In addition, the 4-wheeler comes with a removable safety flag.
- Features a 24-Volt battery
- Seat belt & shoulder straps
- Steel frame
- 120 pounds weight limit
- Low max speed of 10 mph
- The ride takes only 40 minutes
- Quite heavy
- Sharp turning
Consequently, the Razor Dune Buggy is a great choice for both kids and youth. It’s loved for its old-school design, decent steel framework, and a built-in seat belt.Read customer reviews on
4. Go-Bowen Baja Electric Kids Go Kart – Durable Electric Go-Kart
The Go-Bowen Baja Go-Kart is popular for its 1000-watt brushless motor and a 48-volt battery. It also comes with different speed modes – 10 MPH, 13 MPH, and 20 MPH – which parent may control, which is a great plus. It comes with a footbrake which is easy to handle for kids.
- There are three-speed control options for parents: 10 MPH, 13 MPH, and 17-20 MPH.
- It features a disc brake system that is foot controlled. This system gives your child a sense of really driving the vehicle.
- Go-Bowen uses a frame created with high-tensile steel.
- For safety, Go-Bowen added a seat belt and an adjustable seat.
- The battery allows it to last for at least an hour on the fastest setting.
- The go-kart weighs around 140 pounds, and it has a maximum load capacity of 179 pounds. However, some state that it feels a bit cramped for taller riders.
The Go-Bowen Baja is an impressively fast and durable vehicle for children. The fascinating feature is that the kart has an adjustable seat and seat belt for extra comfort and safety. The top speed of 20 MPH will take it for a spin, no doubts. In addition, the frame is made with quality steel that will last for long.
- Good battery life
- Fast speed options
- Parental control
- Seat belt
- Small and cramped design
The Go-Bowen Baja Go-Kart will keep your child at the forefront with its awesome design. Apart from that, parents don’t have to worry their kids might go over the limits. Because they can control the pace and set the top speed appropriate to the child’s age.Read customer reviews on
5. Actev Arrow Smart-Kart Electric Go-Kart – Smart Kids Go-Kart
If you’re seeking for a firm go-kart for children aged from five to nine years old, the Actev Arrow Smart-Kart is on the top of the list. It goes with the Actev App, available on iOS and Android, which parents can use to watch their kids driving.
- Rigid steel chassis, pneumatic rubber tires, and an electronic regenerative braking system.
- It has a 130-pound weight limit
- The smart feature lies in parental supervision. You can remotely stop, control speed, and create safe driving zones.
- The anti-collision sensor stops the go-kart if an obstacle is detected.
- The adjustable speed limits up to 12 MPH, along with an emergency stop button.
- Features two independent 250W electric motors.
- The standard battery supports between 20-40 minutes of drive time.
The Actev Arrow Smart Kart is a sophisticated four-wheeler that is well-designed. It’s popular for its speed limit, 250-Watt motors, and thick pneumatic rubber tires. The app allows you to track your kid’s driving info remotely. As well as change their speed, stop the vehicle, and create safe zones for riding.
- Parental control
- Anti-collision sensor
- Adjustable speed limit
- Pneumatic rubber tires
- The ride takes only 40 minutes
- Pretty expensive
To sum up, the Actev Arrow is an outstanding choice for those who crave for a classy look and modern technology. The vehicle is a paramount 4-wheeler due to its anti-collision, remote speed control, and double-battery features.Read customer reviews on
Top Pedal Go-Karts Comparison
Berg Toys Pedal Go Kart
Hauck Batmobile Pedal Go Kart
Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart
Hauck Lightning Pedal Go Kar
Mobo Triton Pedal Go Kart Trike
5 Best Pedal Go Karts for Kids
1. Berg Toys Pedal Go Kart – Fast and Agile Go-Kart
Berg Toys is a trusted brand that offers a marvelous pedal go-kart. It’s popular for its easy assemble and classy look. The vehicle has a brake system to move forward and backward. The great feature is that the seat and the steering wheel can grow with your children.
- It’s ideal for kids between the ages of 3 and 8 years old with a 150-pound weight limit.
- There are three seat settings for different heights.
- The frame is made from powder-coated tubular steel. The entire go-kart only weighs around 40 pounds.
- It has a BFR: brake, forward, and reverse. The pedals follow the direction that your child wants to ride.
- Pneumatic tires create a controlled ride with traction on a variety of terrain.
The Berg Toys Pedal Go-Kart is a safe and durable four-wheeler for beginner drivers. The toy is suitable for kids aged 3 and older. It will entertain your kid for long as you can adjust it to your kid’s height. Another perk is that the toy comes with big treaded wheels to be able to ride it off-road.
- Easy to assemble
- Simple braking system
- Adjustable seat grows with child
- Durable steel frame
- Kids outgrow in height fast
- Not good on grass
The Berg Toys Pedal Go Kart is known for its durability and adjustability. The vehicle comes with a customizable seat and steel frame for extra safety and comfort. If your little buddy wants to take up go-karting, you should try this product.Read customer reviews on
2. Hauck Batmobile Pedal Go Kart – Sport Styled Go-Kart
If your little rider is into comic characters, they will be obsessed with the Batmobile by Hauck. With no shadow of a doubt, this jaw-dropping design will keep your children in the spotlight for long. The go-kart will be an ideal gift on Birthday or Christmas.
- Hauck used an awesome black color scheme with old-school Batman graphics.
- It uses a similar chassis as other Hauck go-karts on the market.
- The 3-point steering system for kids to navigate around the corners.
- The gripped rubber tires make it perfect for a variety of terrains.
- The bucket seat is comfortable and adjustable with a handbrake on the right side for easy access.
- Hand brakes allow your child to stop quickly and safely.
The Hauck Batmobile is designed for kids aged 4-8 years old. Mind that the max weight capacity is 120 lbs which is decent. The vehicle comes with a solid steel frame and low-profile fat tires. Moreover, the toy has an adjustable seat to grow up with your child.
- Perfect for kids between 4 and 8 years old
- Goes forward and reverse
- Durable frame
- Handbrake for fast stopping
- Hard to assemble
- Not ideal for taller kids
The Hauck Batmobile Pedal Go Kart is an ideal option for little crime fighters. The vehicle will give your kid a buzz for long due to its longevity and adjustability. What’s more, the toy has an 8 ball-style brake system for enhanced grip.Read customer reviews on
3. Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart – Large Wheeled Go-Kart for Children
The Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go-Kart is a favorite of hundreds of kids because of its fire racing look. It features a three-point steering wheel for better grip and maneuvering. Additionally, it has an adjustable seat to fit various kid’s height.
- It has a sport 3-point steering system that makes it responsive and quick to turn. It’s perfect for racing.
- The bucket seat is adjustable to accommodate a growing child or multiple kids.
- They use race-style pedals for adequate control, and the rubber wheels grip on a range of surfaces.
- The 12” rims provide extra stability along with the steel frame.
- Good for four years old and above with a 120-pound weight limit.
Having a classy look and customizable seat, this vehicle will keep your child busy for long. A great feature is that the weight load is up to 120 lbs which is a plus. The toy comes with big rubber wheels and thick tires to enjoy the ride to the max. Moreover, the 8 ball-styled brake system fosters the grip.
- Easy to assemble
- 120 pound weight limit
- Adjustable seat available
- Small for bigger kids
- Hard to pedal on grass or hills
The firm and sturdy steel framework provide a weight load up to 120 lbs. That’s why the Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart is totally suitable for children aged 4-8 years old. Another benefit is rubber tires that make it possible to ride off-road. The fancy sporty design is a great plus for young riders, no doubt.Read customer reviews on
4. Hauck Lightning Pedal Go Kart – In-and-Out Pedal Go Kart
The Hauck brand offers another worthy 4-wheeler – the Lightning. It’s suitable for children of 4-7 years old who enjoy riding outdoors. It features a pedal-push system which is easy to handle by younger children. It comes with an 8 ball-styled brake to ride smoothly.
- It comes in bright pink and bright green, so it stands out from other boring pedal karts. Plus, there is a color your child should like.
- The unit weighs 25.9 pounds, so you can pick it up and move it around if needed.
- Your child can pedal in reverse and forward.
- Hauck used pedal-push Sprocket, which is perfect for younger kids. It makes it much easier to pedal for little ones.
- Race-inspired pedals, rubber wheels, and an 8-ball style hand brake. Plus, it uses a 3-point sporty steering wheeling and steel tube powder-coated frame.
- The ergonomic bucket seat is adjustable and has a high backrest. It can grow with your child over time.
The Hauck Lightning has a simple design which is a great plus for little drivers. As soon as kids grow up, you can adjust the seat to the appropriate height. Also, the seat comes with a high backrest for more comfort and safety. The weight limit is up to 120 lbs which is common for most kids pedal go-karts.
- Ages 4 to 7 years old
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to pedal for little kids
- Adjustable seat
- Doesn’t work on grass or gravel well
- Chain often breaks
- Little clearance between the pedals and ground
The Hauck Lightning Pedal Go Kart is an awesome purchase for little kids who are fond of racing. The vehicle features a sporty vivid design, easy brake system, thick tires. Thus, the toy is claimed as a paramount four-wheeler.Read customer reviews on
5. Mobo Triton Pedal Go Kart Trike – Easy-to-Ride 3-Wheeler
The Mobo Triton Pedal Go-Kart differs from its competitors by its three-wheeler design. It’s also popular for its adjustable frame as it can fit a wide range of kid’s height. Moreover, the weight capacity is up to 200 lbs which makes it ideal for small children and teens.
- No balance is required to ride this bike. It’s low to the ground on a 3-wheel frame, only 11 inches off of the ground.
- The dual-joystick helps to steer smoothly with simple hand movements.
- Pedaling with this bike is the perfect low impact exercise for kids.
- It’s designed to fit small and large riders, adjusting to kids and adults from 3’8” to 5’2” with a weight limit of 200 pounds.
- Mobo uses a steel frame with a maintenance-free chainless design.
- There are two different sized wheels – a 16” front wheel and a 12” rear wheel.
The Mobo Triton is a tremendous go-kart with a low to the ground design for maximum stability. The wheeler comes with double steering bars that are simple to handle. Apart from that, the kart has thick bike-style wheels that look classy.
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy and durable
- Highly adjustable
- US-based company
- 200 pounds weight limit
- No speed gears
- No headrest
The Mobo Triton Pedal Go Kart Trike is suitable for a big array of kids’ age and height as it’s extremely extendable. Kids love this wheeler for its top-notch design and fire print. Due to the high reclined seat and simple brake system, it’s obvious why the toy is so popular.Read customer reviews on
Top Gas-Powered Go-Karts Comparison
Coleman Powersports Go Kart
GTC TrailMaster MINI XRX Kart
FamilyGoKarts GK110 Go Kart
ScooterX Sport Go Kart
Kandi 150cc 2-seat Go Kart
5 Best Gas-Powered Go-Karts for Kids
1. Coleman Powersport Go Kart – Extra Safe Go Kart
Coleman Powersports is a brand known for its quality camping and sports goods. The go-kart is a favorite of lots of customers because of its stunning features. The wheeler features a 4-stroke fully-automatic engine that will last for long.
- It’s recommended for riders up to 150 pounds, so even adults can get into this go-kart and take a spin. This go-kart is best for those who are 13 years old and up.
- Coleman added plenty of power to this go-kart, featuring a 98cc/3.0 HP engine, letting it reach speeds up to 30 MPH.
- It uses an easy pull start operation with a torque converter. Combined with the low-pressure tires, the Coleman has a soft, smooth ride.
- The system uses a hydraulic foot-operated disc brake system for reliable stopping.
- For comfort and safety, the go-kart has bolstered seats and a four-point safety harness. It also features a heavy-duty padded roll cage.
- There s a kill-switch that ensures easy and quick power-off.
The Coleman Powersports Go-Kart is easily operated with its pull-to-start system. It goes with thick low-pressure tires to be able to ride off-road with no probs. The wheeler is designed with a solid seat with a backrest and safety belts to provide comfort and safety.
- Max weight limit of 150 pounds
- Rugged, good for off-roading
- 4-point safety harness
- Padded roll cage
- Plenty of power
- Chain rattles
- No safety lights for night riding
The Coleman Powersport is a powerful four-stroke engine that provides a smooth take-off. When it comes to an ace gas-powered go-kart, this vehicle is at the top of the agenda.Read customer reviews on
2. GTC TrailMaster MINI XRX Kart – Great Price-Quality Go Kart
If you’re searching for a classy dune buggy for your kid, be ready to invest some money. The Trailmaster GTC Mini XRX is the go-kart that is filled with features you might love. The vehicle is an astonishing combo of comfort and style.
- A powerful 163cc engine reaches a maximum speed of 25 MPH.
- It has a load capacity of 400 pounds.
- You can purchase this go-kart in five colors: yellow, red, green, black, and blue.
- Trailmaster added an electric start and remote control for starting.
- There’s a seat belt and working headlights, plus a horn for easy awareness.
- This buggy can fit two kids inside. There are safety belts for both children, so both kids are held firmly in place.
- There are guard bars and frames for additional safety while hitting the bumps and bangs.
Your kids should be well-experienced if they want to handle this four-wheeler properly. It speeds up to 25 MPH with a 12.4 MPH climbing ability. The Trailmaster GTC has a powerful 4-stroke, single-cylinder gas-powered engine. What a great plus, parents can control the speed remotely and stop the kart if necessary.
- Low center of gravity to reduce flipping
- Fits two riders
- 400 pounds
- Max speed of 25 mph
- Remote control start
- A tendency for chain to break
The GTC TrailMaster MINI XRX Kart is considered as a top-notch go-kart for a reasonable price. It features a top speed of 12 MPH and the vehicle can overclimb some low obstacles. Having a double seat, you can have a buzz with your friends with no probs!Read customer reviews on
3. FamilyGoKarts GK110 Go Kart – Fully Controlled Go-Kart
FamilyGoKarts is popular for its big range of go-karts, 4-wheelers, and other vehicles for kids and youth. The FamilyGoKarts GK110 Go-Kart has a laconic design as for a duo-seater go-kart. It comes with a fully-automatic engine with reverse.
- A robust and durable 110cc that doesn’t require the mixing of gas and oil. It uses a chain drive with an electric start.
- It can easily fit two people, whether that is two younger adults or an adult and child riding together.
- There is a total max load weight of 350 pounds.
- FamilyGoKarts uses a rear hydraulic disc foot brake system.
- It has 16-inch thick tires for off-road driving.
It’s a staggering option for older kids who want to take it for a spin. The 4-wheeler is a level up in driving with its all-terrain tires and stable suspension. The adjustable seat makes the vehicle quite flexible to the range of kids with a seat to a pedal distance of 27.5-31 inches.
- Comes 85% assembled
- Good for off-roading
- Seat belts included
- Speed limiter included
- Electric start
- Better for smaller kids
- Not the best roll bars
- Might lose power uphills
The Tao Tao Jeep Style 110cc Go-Kart features its bigger, faster, and safer style. There’s a display gauge implemented, so the little drivers can check their signals and lights. It comes with an engine kill switch, so parents can control the vehicle remotely.Read customer reviews on
4. ScooterX Sport Go Kart – On-and-Off Road Go-Kart
ScooterX offers a go-kart with an 6.5 HP engine, 4-stroke with a pull-start system. It comes with a tubular steel frame for more durability and safety. The weight capacity of the vehicle is up to 250 lbs which is a great plus.
- It has a 196cc fuel tank capacity.
- ScooterX uses big 13″ knobby tires that help with the sport go-kart go over all-terrain. It’s a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
- It has an adjustable suspension system with coil-over shocks.
- One of the fastest gas-powered go-karts in this unit -with 40+MPH of maximum speed.
The Scooter X Go-Kart has a simple sporty design. It comes with a “butterfly” steering wheel with a handbrake for better operation. The vehicle is made with fat tires that are suitable for off-road driving.
- High speed
- Thick off-road tires
- Completely upgradeable
- Not solid clutch
- Poor assembly instructions
The Scooter X Go-Kart provides safe and smooth riding. It can speed up to 45 MPH, so it’s a great choice for teens and adults who are well-trained. The brake and throttle are placed by hand which is a great benefit in terms of convenience.Read customer reviews on
5. Kandi 150cc 2-Seat Go Kart – Full Body Adult Size Kart
The Kandi 150cc 2-Seat Go-Kart is an outstanding family-friendly four-wheeler. It comes with a fully-automatic engine with reverse. The vehicle features front and rear disc brake, hand and foot brakes for more convenience.
- It offers two seats so you can enjoy riding with your child or two of your kids can enjoy the go-kart together. The weight limit is 580 pounds.
- Kandi uses a 150cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine to power this go-kart.
- This go-kart features a dual rear swing-arm dual cover over shock suspension.
- It offers a reverse gear, which is great because the size of this go-kart needs reverse. It would be difficult to move this large kart manually.
- There are headlights, fog lights, turn signals, a horn, and side mirrors.
The Kandi 150cc is considered as a kart for experienced drivers among youth and adults. Thus this is not the best option for little ones. The four-wheeler comes with tick tires that make it available for off-road riding.
- Multiple safety features
- Two seats
- 580 pounds weight limit
- Only for experienced drivers
The Kandi 150cc 2-Seat Go Kart is designed with hydraulic disc brakes. That provides prolonged stability as well as avoids dirt and mud getting stuck. Improved seats with a safety harness are marvelous features to have fun with the family for long.Read customer reviews on
The Three Types of Go-Karts for Children
This article covers three major types of go-karts – electric, pedal, and gas-powered. If it’s your first purchase of a go-kart for your children, it’s recommended to check out all of them to choose the most suitable option for you. So here you go!
Electric Go-Kart for Kids
Electric go-karts run on a battery. So you will have to occasionally recharge the battery, so it works, and some parents might find that challenging. You need a place to plug in the battery as well as wait till the vehicle is live again.
Benefits of Electric Go-Karts
- Better acceleration, so they’re faster than a pedal-powered vehicle.
- They are environmentally-friendly, unlike gas-powered go-karts.
- The electric engine is a budget-friendly choice as fuel is costly.
- In terms of safety, there’s likely less chance of getting hurt, unlike 4-wheelers run on gas (ATV or go-kart).
- Such a vehicle is easy to control thus, this is a great choice for beginners.
Disadvantages of Electric Powered Engines
- Cost – the battery-powered 4-wheeler is not as cheap as a pedal go-kart.
- Inconvenience – the battery must be recharged every time.
- Labor – you have to be aware of recharging and switching the batteries.
- Ventilation – electric engines produce lots of heat, hence proper ventilation is a must.
- Requires less maintenance
- Don’t require any gas
- Helps to learn driving skills
- Have to charge
- Less power
- No exercise
Pedal Go-Kart for Kids
Pedal go-karts is an awesome choice for low-experienced children who are keen on driving. Such vehicles are rather safer than other types of go-karts. However, you have to work it out as you will go as fast as you pedal the wheeler.
- Great exercise for kids
- No charging or fuel required
- Not so fast
- Not as exercising as powered
Gas-Powered Go-Kart for Kids
Gas-powered go-karts are a game-changer on the market. They are impressively faster than other types of karts. Moreover, such vehicles tend to have more max weight capacity, so not only kids could enjoy the ride but the whole family.
- Have way more power
- More likely to have double seats
- No charging or pedaling required
- Helps to develop driving skills
- Covers all types of terrain
- More adventurous
- Might be dangerous
- Requires gas and upkeep costs
Best Go Kart for Kids – Buyer’s Guide
Before you order a pricey four-wheeler for your kid, you have to do some wise research. You should be aware of the essential features needed for your little driver. As a vehicle for a 7-years-old child will differ from the kart suitable for a 12-year-old kid. Here are the major aspects you should bear in mind.
Safety matters when it comes to purchasing a go-kart for children. They provide hours of fun, but parents have to think about safety first. The go-kart that you want to order should have substantial safety features. Let’s list some of the crucial features:
- Shoulder straps.
- Safety belts.
- Well-built frames.
- High-quality tires.
Speaking of gas-powered go-karts, the quality of the engine is a must. A designed engine with quality gear will be less likely to require extra maintenance. That means if you invest in a reputable four-wheeler, your kids will enjoy their ride for long.
Go-karts with firm frames provide stability when they are driven across various terrain. You want a go-kart with a solid long-term frame because kids can go wild with driving. Kids tend to run over an obstacle, go through bushes, and do other crazy stuff.
Children love speed, but you may want a go-kart that has a speed governor. This allows parents to control the speed of a vehicle while their kids are on a seat. Some fast models can speed up to 30 MPH, which is impressive.
If you have a small kid aged 10 years old or under, you should search for a go-kart with a top speed of 10 MPH, no more. If your kids are 3-6 years old, there’s no reason to choose a 4-wheeler over 5 MPH.
Single or Double-Seated Go-Kart
Have you got two or more children who crave for driving? If it’s so, it might be better to consider investing in a two-seated go-kart. Unless you want to buy two separate four-wheelers. Double-seated karts usually have a decent weight capacity, so it’s great for youth and adults.
On Vs. Off-Road
Another crucial feature is the location where your child is going to drive. Most electric go-karts are suitable for riding on-road and around the neighborhood. While gas-powered four-wheelers are designed to run over low obstacles, dirt, and mud. Thus, they are off-road friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Go-Karts Safe?
Yes! The best go-karts for kids are safe if they are operated duly. If the vehicle you chose is appropriate for their age and weight, you don’t have to worry. Don’t forget to check the recommended safety guidelines when it comes to riding a go-kart.
Is My Kid Old Enough to Drive a Go-Kart?
Before you buy the best go-kart for your children, check it’s age recommendations. Depending on how old your child is, you can choose a different four-wheeler.
- Kids under eight years old: the ideal choice is a pedal go-kart or an electric one with a 6V or 12V battery.
- Kids aged 8-11 years old: you may consider investing in a 12V electric go-kart that speeds up to 12 MPH. If your child is experienced enough, you can look for a gas-powered vehicle that is 110cc and below.
- Kids aged 11+ years old: your buddy is old enough to switch to a gas go-kart. There’s a wide range of options available, so you’re able to pick the comfy speed and weight capacity. Besides, lots of models go double-seated.
What are Some Basic Safety Guidelines for Youth Riders?
- Riding a go-kart can be considered an extreme activity, just like riding a quad or a stunt scooter. While it’s delightful, it can be dangerous for youth as well. So you have to make sure your kid is aware of basic safety guidelines to get away from troubles.
- Many injuries might be avoided if you get the right measurements. Check the age recommendations, weight capacity, and a seat size before purchase.
- One of the substantial parts in terms of safety is the maintenance. So you have to be sure that the vehicle is well-assembled and what to do in case of breakage.
- There’s a safety gear – helmets, jumpsuits, gloves, goggles, and more – to keep your child protected.
- The helmet is an essential piece of equipment, no matter what vehicle you’re riding. It has an enhanced shock-absorbing feature that helps reduce the risk of a severe head injury.
What Surfaces Are Safe to Ride on a Kids Go-Kart?
Most go-karts are made to be operated on smooth surfaces. It’s better to ride them on flat terrains, such as roads and sidewalks. Some do perform well on bumpy surfaces, but you should check the description if the model is off-road.
Electric and gas-powered go-karts come with thicker tires than pedal go-karts. Hence, they are suitable for off-road locations. The thinner the tires, the less comfortable and safe it will be to ride on bumpy surfaces. Thicker tires help run over obstacles and ride on crooked trails.
To sum up, you should consider plenty of aspects before buying a brand-new go-kart for kids. Thus, we made up a thorough review of the top-class 4-wheelers as well as the buyer’s guide.
Once you invest in a solid kids go-kart like the Segway Ninebot Electric GoKart Kit, your children will be satisfied for sure, playing outdoors with dearest and nearest. Follow our guidelines to make the process an absolute breeze.
Apart from go-karts, you may also consider gas ATV or electric ATV for kids.