Best Dirt Bikes for Kids & Youth
Looking for a dirt bike for kids? You’re at the right spot! We understand your desire to check the reviews before purchasing a new wheeler. That’s why we thoroughly tested the products so you can buy one of the best dirt bikes for kids like a pro. If you like a vehicle from the list, just click the button to get the most recent price.
Razor MX650 Electric Motocross Bike – Solid Electric Wheeler
- The bike comes with a 650-watt electric motor that is quite powerful.
- The two-wheeler speeds up to 17 mph, which is enough for a kid’s off-road bike.
- The battery life lasts up to 40 min of the continuous joyful ride.
- The weight limit is 220 pounds so it’s suitable for teens and adults.
Dirt biking is becoming extremely popular among the younger generation. It’s not merely fun, your youngster is getting great exercise. No matter if you’re a rookie or pro, we got your back! We’ve reviewed a load of dirt bikes to find the solid ones. Here, you’ll find a wide range of two-wheelers suitable for all children.
Top Kids’ Dirt Bikes Comparison
Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
X-PRO 110cc Dirt Bike
Coolster 70cc Mini Dirt Bike
Mini Dirt Bike
SYX MOTO 50cc Dirt Bike
Apollo DB-X18 125cc Dirt Bike
5 Best Kids & Youth Dirt Bike Reviews
We compiled a list of the top 5 dirt bikes for kids and youth to be considered.
Razor MX650 – Electric Motocross Dirt Bike
The Razor MX650 Bike is perfect for 10 years old kids and above. Some parents claim it’s also great for 7+ youngsters. This is an electric dirt bike that comes with a 650W motor.
The vehicle has two wheels of different sizes. The front wheel is 16” and the rear wheel is 14”. The pneumatic knobby tires provide better gripping and stability. The front and rear suspension system make the ride smoother.
Dirt Bike Features
- The Razor dirt bike has a powerful 650-watt chain-driven motor.
- The charging time takes about 12 hours. It’s better to charge the wheeler overnight.
- One ride takes up to 40 minutes. Then another charging is needed.
- The big wheels come with pneumatic knobby tires for better control.
- The product has a 16-inch front wheel and a 14-inch rear wheel.
- The weight limit is 220 pounds that can handle both kids and their parents.
The Razor MX650 Electric Bike is a fascinating gift for little riders. It’s quite speedy with great stability. The throttle control is variable so you can change the speed on your way. The purpose of this two-wheeler is versatile. You can ride it around the neighborhood, uphills and downhills, and off-road. This is one of the kid’s electric dirt bikes that will definitely last for long. You can check our ultimate Razor MX650 review for more details.
- Solid frame
- Speedy wheeler
- 220 lbs weight limit
- Needs 12 hours to recharge
- Some parts aren’t waterproof
X-PRO 110cc Dirt Bike – Speedy Gas Bike for Kids
The X-PRO 110cc Dirt Bike is ideal for kids aged 8 to 10 years. It’s good for those who are gaining their dirt bike riding experience. The wheeler comes with a semi-automatic transmission so your child can switch to the manual soon after.
The X-PRO bike has a front and a rear wheel – 14” and 12” each. It has front and rear hydraulic disc brakes for better operation.
- The X-PRO dirt bike is a gas-powered wheeler with a 110cc 4-stroke engine.
- Semi-automatic speed transmission allows switching to manual control.
- The front wheel is 14-inch and the rear wheel is 12-inch with thick knobby tires.
- This dirt bike for kids comes with front and rear hydraulic disc brakes.
- The seat height is 28-inch and the ground clearance is 8.7-inch.
- Max speed is 30 mph, which is awesome. But not good for little kids.
The X-PRO 110cc Dirt Bike is perfect for bigger riders. It’s a fast wheeler that accelerates to 30 miles per hour. The product comes with a powerful 110cc four-stroke engine. This dirt bike is perfect for off-road riding. Another great feature is that the two-wheeler is available in three colors: blue, red, and green. What a marvelous gift for a young adventurer!
- It comes oiled
- Fast wheeler
- Thick high-quality tires
- Needs assembly
- No clutch
Coolster 70cc Mini Dirt Bike – Great for Beginners
The Coolster Dirt Bike is an ideal match for kids aged 7 to 13 years. If your youngster wants to take up off-roading, that’s a perfect choice. That’s another gas dirt bike that comes with a 4-stroke air-cooled engine. It features a kick start system and a foot brake. The top speed is 30 miles per hour. The product requires some assembly but the parts are easy to put together.
Mini Dirt Bike Features
- The Coolster bike has a four-stroke 70cc engine. It’s a single-cylinder and air-cooled.
- It’s designed with a semi-automatic transmission so you can switch to manual.
- The starting system is kick start; there’s a foot brake.
- The wheeler speeds up to 30+ mph depending on the weight of the rider.
- The weight capacity is 130 pounds that’s enough for little riders.
- The dirt bike comes almost assembled, you need to set the handlebar and tires.
The Coolster 70cc Bike is cool indeed. It’s a wonderful starter bike for kids craving adventures. The two-wheeler is semi-automatic with a powerful 4-stroke engine. You need one or two kicks to start the vehicle. The dirt bike comes in two colors: black and blue. Both parents and kids love this speedy wheeler to have a blast with.
- Perfect learner bike
- Fast wheeler
- Kick starts easily
- Poor shift pattern
- Need assembly
SYX MOTO 50cc Dirt Bike – Budget-Friendly Kids’ Two-Wheeler
The SYX MOTO Bike is perfect for the youngest riders. It’s great as the first dirt bike for 6+ years old kids. The wheeler comes with a two-stroke engine that makes less noise. Parents love this bike as it has a speed limiter. You can set the top speed either 15 mph or 30 mph. When your child is ready to get wild, just change the settings.
- SYX MOTO is a gas-powered dirt bike with a 2-stroke engine.
- There are two-speed modes to choose from – 15 mph and 30 mph.
- Electric start system is a pull-start that is easy to operate.
- The wheeler comes with front and rear disk brakes.
- Weight capacity is 160 pounds that’s quite solid.
- The bike arrives almost assembled, you need to set the front wheel, rear shock absorbers, the fender, and the handlebar.
The SYX MOTO Bike is a great gift for little kids. They will definitely love its sporty design and high speed. Parents are also satisfied with the wheeler as it has a safety kill switch. The pull-start starting system is excellent for beginner riders. Choose the perfect match with a red or blue design.
- Throttle limiter
- Fast wheeler
- Needs some assembly
- Poor bike chain
Apollo DB-X18 125cc Dirt Bike – Great for Teen Riders
The Apollo DB-X18 Bike is good for experienced riders. It’s the fastest wheeler from the list. The two-wheeler speeds up to 55 miles per hour so it’s suitable for big kids and teens. The youth dirt bike has a powerful four-stroke engine that is a single cylinder. You need to kick the bike to start it. The wheeler also features big and thick tires that are ideal for off-road riding.
Key Bike Features
- Apollo is a gas dirt bike for youth with a 4-stroke air-cooled engine.
- The wheeler is designed with a four-speed manual clutch.
- Bike frame is made of heavy-duty steel that will last for years.
- This dirt bike has front and rear hydraulic disc brakes.
- The front wheel is 17-inch and the rear wheel is 14-inch.
- The wheeler comes almost assembled, you need to set the rack, the handlebar, and tires.
The Apollo dirt bike for youth is a game-changer in off-road riding. This powerful gas wheeler accelerates up to 50 miles per hour. The speed may vary depending on the weight of the rider. The vehicle has front and rear brakes for smooth operating. The weight limit is 280 pounds so adults can ride the dirt bike too. It’s easy to start, you need just to kick it once or twice. Two colors of the bike are available – blue and red.
- Fast Speed
- Excellent grip
- Easy to put together
- Bolts tend to loosen
- It sits high, not for small kids
Frequently Asked Questions
What Age is a 50cc Dirt Bike for?
A 50cc gas dirt bike is ideal for kids aged 4 years and more. 3 to 4 years old children should ride the vehicle with training wheels. When they gain enough experience, they can give it a try with regular wheels. At the age of 5, your kid can start enjoying off-road riding on a solid 50cc dirt bike. The weight capacity of such a vehicle is about 150 pounds that is enough for little adventurers.
If you’re not sure that your child is ready for a dirt bike, you can try a pit bike. This type of two-wheeler is quite similar but has its own features. The vehicle is smaller and not so speedy, which is ideal for little beginner riders.
What Age is a 125cc Dirt Bike for?
A gas 125cc dirt bike is perfect for big kids and teens. Such a wheeler is usually made for 12 years old youngsters and older. The weight capacity of these bikes is firm enough – about 250 pounds. This means parents can also ride this two-wheeler and enjoy the pastime.
Is Riding a Dirt Bike Safe?
Yes, it’s safe! But it could be dangerous too. Of course, like any other vehicle, a dirt bike has its safety prescriptions. If you follow safety measures, you will minimize the risk to get into trouble.
When you decide to buy a dirt bike for kids, you should pick the proper vehicle. Read the product’s description carefully to make sure it fits your youngster. Bike manufacturers usually provide info about the age and weight range. Besides, you can check the buyers’ feedback, they might be pretty detailed.
To add more protection, wear quality riding gear. For instance, a riding helmet, dirt bike goggles, protective gloves, and boots will come in handy for sure. Put this equipment on your child even if they’re riding around the neighborhood.
Is Riding a Dirt Bike Legal?
Generally, you don’t need a license to ride a dirt bike off-road. But keep in mind the age restrictions that are different in various states. Most of the states require parents’ supervision while their kids are riding. And some of them demand a rider training certificate for young riders. The same goes for a kid’s ATV that has to fit a specific age range.
Keep in mind that most dirt bikes are designed to ride off-road. That means don’t let your child zip around the streets. There’s an age restriction, specific in every state. You can find off-road riding trails all over the country to ride safely.
How to Choose the Best Dirt Bike for Kids
Consider the following features that will help you to pick the ideal dirt bike for your little riders.
- Electric vs Gas. Electric dirt bikes need constant recharging while a gas one requires fueling. Gas dirt bikes could be noisy but they usually have greater speed.
- Engine. The engine size and type affect the power of the wheeler. There are two-stroke and four-stroke engine types. The size affects the amount of fuel required. A dirt bike with 50cc is ideal for little kids while a 125cc vehicle is perfect for teens.
- Speed. A top speed of 15 miles per hour is enough for rookie bikers. Then you can switch to 30 mph two-wheelers. Advanced riders can look for a bike with a top speed of 50+ miles per hour.
- Safety. Search for a trusted brand that produces quality bikes. As you want the vehicle to last for long. Besides, the parts from a popular brand are easier to find and replace.
A dirt bike is a top-notch two-wheeler for kids and youth. Such a vehicle is made for off-road riding to have a blast on the trails. Children are obsessed with dirt bikes as they are classy and speedy.
Here, you’ll find a wide array of the best dirt bikes for kids to fit any budget. Check our winner – Razor MX650 Electric Motocross Bike – that is out of this world. It’s made by a trusted manufacturer that knows how to please young adventurers. Consider investing in protective gear to nail dirt biking like a pro.