5 Best Electric Scooters for Kids
Our kids are growing fast, and every time they crave new adventures. That’s why investing in the five-star electric scooter might be an awesome way to keep your children busy for long.
Eventually, after 14 days of testing 32 kids electric two-wheelers, the Razor Power Core E90 has shown itself as the game-changer in the world of electric riding toys.
Razor Power Core E90 – Long-Living Wheeler
- The scooter comes with a power core hub motor, which is quiet and maintenance-free.
- It goes with a hand-operated front brake system, which is easy to control.
- The riding session lasts up to 80 minutes before recharging the scooter.
- The weight capacity is 120 pounds, which is suitable for kids aged 8 and above.
Modern children are not surprised with regular toys anymore. Parents have to become more creative when it comes to Birthdays and Christmas gifts. So if your buddy is into riding bikes and scooters, a kick electric scooter could be a tremendous idea on how to spice up your kids’ outdoor activities.
As kids are learning balance and coordination really fast, there’s a huge bunch of options suitable for children of different ages. Check out our detailed review to find your best electric scooter for kids.
Top Electric Scooters Comparison
Razor Power Core E90
SEGWAY Ninebot ZING E10
Gotrax GKS Electric Scooter
VIRO Rides 550E Electric Scooter
Razor Pocket Electric Scooter
5 Best Electric Scooters Detailed Review
We narrowed down the list to 5 upper-class kids electric scooters, which can boast various outstanding peculiarities that you and your kids will love. Keep reading to compare the upmost electric riding toys on the market.
1. Razor Power Core E90 – Long-Living Wheeler
Razor is grabbing the headlines as one of the most reputable brands of ride-on toys, and electric scooter production is not an exception. The Razor Power Core E90 is made with the steel frame, which is light and durable.
The hub motor provides an efficient and smooth ride, while a hand-brake brings easy maintenance. The wheeler is easy to operate, just push the button near the hand bar, kick off to speed up, and enjoy the ride!
- The kids electric scooter is made with a lightweight steel frame, which is sturdy.
- It comes with a urethane front wheel and a TPU rear wheel.
- The product has the power core hub motor, which is maintenance-free.
- The scooter is designed with a 12V sealed lead acid rechargeable battery.
- The push-button acceleration control and hand-operated front brake system provide easy control.
- One riding session lasts up to 80 minutes, which is a great perk.
- The weight limit is up to 120 pounds. The good is perfect for kids of 8 years old and higher.
The Razor Power Core E90 is a fascinating electric scooter for kids, who are fond of riding. It has a unisex black and green design, which is eye-catchy. Besides, there’s a pink electric scooter also available for girls. Parents and kids love this wheeler as it’s easy to operate by a throttle button and hand brakes. And the long-living battery will leave your foes in the dust for sure.
- Improved battery life
- Smooth ride
- Great speed
- It doesn’t fold
- The speed isn’t variable
2. SEGWAY Ninebot ZING E10 – Sophisticated Kick Scooter
Segway is another well-known manufacturer of skateboards, go-karts, and other riding toys for kids. The Segway scooter is claimed as an ace kids two-wheeler, which is worth investing in.
The product fits children aged 8-14 years old; the weight capacity is 132 pounds. In addition, the good is foldable, so you’re able to take the electric scooter on a trip with no probs.
- The kids scooter is lightweight and foldable, which is easy to store.
- It comes with a lithium-ion battery and 150W powerful motor.
- The wheeler comes with a hand brake system and a thumb throttle button.
- The front wheel has the spring damping system, and the fender on the rear wheel has a brake.
- The electric scooter has three speeding modes of sports, cruise, and safety, which parents may switch between.
- The product speeds up to 10mph and carries the weight up to 132 pounds.
The Segway Ninebot Zing E10 is the top-notch variant for those who covet convenience and style. This is an ideal scooter for teens, as it’s easy to maintain. Parents are obsessed with the good as they can control the speed if their children are not ready to go wild yet. The product could go up to 6.3 miles per session, so your children will be delighted with their riding for long.
- No need to hold the button when riding
- Waterproof design
- It can be bumpy
3. Gotrax GKS Electric Scooter – Wheeler with Gravity Sensor
The Gotrax GKS Electric Scooter deserves a top place in the list because of its marvelous features. And here they are. The Gotrax Scooter differs from its competitors by its sensitive deck.
To ride the scooter, you need to put your foot on the front sensor and kick off. Put your second foot on the front sensor to speed up. Lift your foot from the back sensor to slow down. Put your foot on the rear fender to stop riding. No need to push any buttons!
- The electric scooter is made with aircraft-grade metal. And the deck is flame-retardant that ensures great longevity of the wheeler.
- The good comes with a 50.4Wh Li-Battery, and a 150 Watt 6″ motor, which speeds up to 7.5 mph.
- The product is designed with two sensor buttons on the deck to control the scooter. Step on the front sensor and kick off to start, and step on the back sensor to accelerate the speed.
- The weight capacity is 154 pounds, which makes it suitable for kids aged 6-12 years old.
- It comes with an easy-to-use kickstand, which is a great plus.
- The electric scooter may reach up to 4 miles per riding session with a high capacity battery.
The Gotrax product is the best electric scooter for kids that is worth consideration. It comes with a sensor deck design that makes the scooter easy to manipulate. In addition, the product comes in a variety of color styles, including black, blue, green, and pick. So your children are able to pick the most jaw-dropping electric scooter for sure.
- Hard rubber tires
- Quick charging
- Easy operating
- It isn’t foldable
- Noisy ‘dead battery’ alert
4. VIRO Rides 550E Electric Scooter – LED Stylish Ride-On Toy
The VIRO Rides 550E Electric Scooter is undoubtedly a forefront wheeler by its amazing street-art design. Apart from the trendy look, the kids electric scooter features 40 min run time and the top speed of 10 mph.
The vehicle is designed with a hand brake, which is easily operated by children. Besides, the Viro scooter is equipped with LED lights to add more buzz to your riding activity.
- The scooter is made with adjustable height handlebars to fit kids of different ages.
- The hand-operated front brake with the thumb-control throttle provides smooth control.
- It comes with solid polyurethane tires to avoid bumpy roads.
- The product is designed with a fully-enclosed motor for better safety and durability.
- The 100 Watt motor provides speed up to 10 mph.
- The 12V 7Ah battery performs a 40 min ride with a 6-mile range.
- The top weight limit is 120 pounds.
- The spring-loaded kickstand is easy to maintain, which is a great perk.
The VIRO Rides 550E Electric Scooter is an ideal combo of uppermost style and efficiency. Your kids can have fun speeding up to 10 mph. You need to kick off the scooter to start riding, and when the battery is dead, just use it as a regular kids scooter.
And don’t forget about the design, which is out of this world! No doubt, riding such a two-wheeler with high performance is a blast.
- Great speed
- Covered motor
- Fascinating look
- Not adjustable height
- Can be loud
5. Razor Pocket Electric Scooter – Seated Mini-Scooter
The Razor Pocket Electric Scooter is another top-class vehicle with a girlish vintage-look style. Besides, you can also find a sleek black electric scooter available. This is a wonderful electric scooter for teens with its weight capacity of 170 pounds.
The upside is that the product comes with big pneumatic tires, which make the scooter capable of riding on bumpy roads. Moreover, the scooter has a secret compartment under the seat to keep all the bare essentials at hand!
- The kick electric scooter is made with a steel frame for greater durability.
- It’s equipped with a chain-driven electric motor.
- The vehicle accelerates the speed up to 15 mph, which is decent.
- The product is designed with a hand-operated rear brake that is easy to control.
- The 12″ thick tires and rear suspension system provide smoother rides.
- Two built-in sealed lead acid 12V batteries provide 40 min riding session.
- The good carries up to 170 pounds, so it’s grasped as a solid electric scooter for youth aged 13 and older.
The Razor Pocket Electric Scooter has an appealing design that your daughter may fall in love with. Apart from that, the vehicle is popular for its great speed – up to 15 mph. Big tires of the wheeler provide a safe ride when your children are on the seat.
The max weight capacity is 170 pounds, so parents may also enjoy the scooting with their kids. Furthermore, the stylish scooter is designed with an under-seat compartment. That allows you to keep some snacks and award your kid after the joyful adventure.
- Seated design
- Fast speed
- Incredible look
- Long charging (12 hours)
- Poor batteries
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Benefits of Electric Scooters?
No doubts, riding an electric scooter for kids is fun, but it’s also beneficial. We’d like to outline the common reasons why an electric two-wheeler is a must-have for modern children.
- Riding a scooter may improve your kid’s balancing. While your child is kicking the scooter, they train their body to stay in balance at a different speed.
- Thus, while mastering balance, your kid’s body is working out immensely even though they don’t feel much workload. Kicking the wheeler and grabbing the hand bars encourage muscle training that affects the well-being.
- Scooting is also useful in terms of motor skills training, both fine and gross. Pushing the buttons, grabbing the handbrake, steering – all of these help your child develop motor skills, which is crucial at an early age.
- With children’s mastering riding skills comes their confidence. They learn how to think independently and overcome the obstacles. Once they deal with a training step, they are willing to achieve greater outcomes.
- Besides, spending time outdoors and riding a scooter is a great alternative to the “screen-time”. No doubt, both you and your kids will be delighted to distract from boring computer games and have a buzz on the wheeler.
- Additionally, riding an electric scooter for kids is a great chance to make new friends and run a fellow competition. Parents can also take part in a contest to get on well with their children.
What are the Main Types of Electric Scooters?
Different manufacturers do their best to produce more catchy and efficient electric scooters for kids than their competitors. Thus, there are loads of various designs and features of the product.
When it comes to the build, an electric wheeler is commonly made with handlebars, a deck, and wheels attached to it. Being powered by a battery, most scooters may be used as a regular kick scooter, when the battery is completely dead. That’s is a good perk if a 40-min riding session is not enough for your kids.
Another plus is that some electric scooters are foldable, which makes it easy to store or transport. If you’re short of storage place, such a wheeler is worth consideration. Besides, you can take a riding toy wherever you go to make your child busy for long.
If your kids are going to ride on bumpy roads, it’s better to look for off-road electric scooters. Such wheelers feature thick tires and a powerful motor to be able to scoot on nature trails. Moreover, off-road electric scooters have battery and motor protection to provide greater durability.
In terms of design, there are electric mopeds for kids and teens, which are different from common two-wheelers. They have a seated design, a wider deck, and handlebars. They typically come with greater weight capacity, so they can be suitable for adults as well.
Kick Scooter vs Electric Scooter – What’s the Difference?
The main difference is that an electric scooter runs on a battery and has an engine, while a kick scooter does not. Their designs may be similar – handlebars, wheels, and a standing deck – but their build is quite different.
As its name implies, you should kick a kick scooter to start riding, whereas an electric scooter is self-starting. However, lots of kids electric scooters need kicking to start scooting.
Speaking of durability, as an electric scooter is powered by a battery, a riding session is typically limited to 40-60 min per ride. Then you need to recharge the vehicle to use it again. Having said that, modern electric scooters for kids are designed so that you can use them as a common kick scooter if the battery is off.
Electric scooters are made with more quality materials and fatter tires that foster their longevity. Unlike kick scooters, which may include plastic details and wheels. So they are more likely to get cracks over time.
As electric scooters use improved materials, their price is higher respectively. But don’t worry, there are lots of affordable options available, so you can choose the best electric scooter for kids.
Additionally, electric scooters have a greater speed range as well as weight capacity. That’s why they are good for kids, teens, and adults. If your buddy is too young to ride an electric scooter, you may consider a kick scooter first. Then if you feel they are ready to level up – a solid electric scooter is definitely the next step forward.
When Is My Child Ready for Riding an Electric Scooter?
Kids are different, so there’s no straight formula on what age a kid is ready to hop on an electric scooter. But here are useful guidelines that may help you decide whether it’s time to scoot or not.
It’s recommended to switch to an electric scooter if your kid has already gained some riding experience. As kids electric scooters tend to move faster than kick scooters, and they require basic physical training. If it seems relatable, why not try a brand-new riding toy! In fact, there are electric scooters for toddlers on the market suitable for young sportsmen.
Typically, kids start electric scooting at the age of 6, but it’s up to your choice. Just watch your child carefully when they are making their first attempts. By the way, don’t forget about safety gear, which is crucially needed when riding a scooter. It includes a solid helmet, a pair of gloves, and protective elbow and knee pads. Such equipment provides better safety and may lower your stress out when your child is on the road.
How Fast Can Electric Scooters Go?
Electric scooters for kids usually have a top speed of 10 mph. The performance may slightly differ from various brands, but this is the average rate. Besides, some of the models have a switch mode, so parents are able to control the speed range, which is a plus. Some electric scooters for older kids and youth can speed up to 15 mph, which is acceptable as they commonly have solid riding experience.
How to Choose an Electric Scooter for My Kid?
One of the essential peculiarities you should take into account while choosing the best kids electric scooter is an age range. The design of electric scooters for kids and teens may vary as well as the weight load.
Best Electric Scooters for Toddlers Aged 3-5 Years Old
Such electric scooters have lower efficiency and battery life, but it could be enough as the first riding toy for little adventurers! For instance, the Huffy 6V Bubble Scooter offers a vehicle with a three-wheeled design for better balance. It fits kids aged 3-5, and the weight limit is 50 pounds. Apart from that, check out its bubble making feature, which keeps you in the spotlight for sure!
Best Electric Scooters for Kids Aged 6-12 Years Old
Most electric scooters for kids are suitable for this age range, as they’re easy to adjust. A common electric scooter for 6 years old and up has two wheels and a solid standing deck. The majority of the models come with hand brakes for better control; some of them may include rear fender brake. You may be faced with pleasing extra features as foldable design, LED lights, and removable seat.
Check out our detailed review of kids electric scooters mentioned above to fit your age range.
Best Electric Scooters for Teens Aged 13 and Above
The main difference between kids electric scooters and electric scooters for youth is that the last one features improved weight limit and engine power. Such wheelers commonly have a greater run time; thus, the charging process is longer. Apart from a kick electric scooter design, there are moped scooters for teens available that look stunning.
There’s nothing better than watching kids laughing. And the Razor Power Core E90 is a great way to do so. Dozens of kids are already rollicking with the two-wheeler, as it’s easy to control and looks dope! In fact, not only children and teens are keen on scooting. As most of the electric scooters have a decent weight capacity, parents can also join the riding adventure.
However, safety comes first. Thus, don’t forget about protective gear such as gloves, knee and elbow pads, and a helmet before you let your kid step on a scooter. Therefore, you’ll stay calm while your little rider is on the road.